Markers for Artists
Artists Markers are a versatile and powerful tool for artists of all skill levels. Their portability and ease of use make them ideal for on-the-go creativity, while their wide range of colors and tip sizes allow for detailed and precise work.
With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right set of markers for your needs. In this post, we share 19 of the best artist markers in today’s market to make your creative choices easier.
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I will receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links.
Best markers for artists
1. ARTIFY Alcohol Brush Markers
With ARTIFY Alcohol Brush Markers, you’ll be able to create beautiful works of art with ease – whether you’re a beginner or an experienced artist.
The dual tips (brush and chisel) make it easy to create various line thicknesses and add detail to your drawings. Plus, the carrying case is perfect for storing and protecting your markers.
2. Winsor & Newton ProMarker Set
This set of 6 Skyscape ProMarkers from Winsor & Newton is the perfect way to get creative! With a range of bright, vibrant colors, these markers are perfect for adding a pop of color to any project.
The non-toxic, alcohol-based ink is also great for blending and layering, giving you endless possibilities for your next masterpiece!
3. Alcohol Markers Dual Brush Tip
Alcohol markers are amazing for so many reasons! The dual brush tip allows you to have two different types of strokes in one marker, which is perfect for both beginners and experienced artists.
Plus, the 24 basic colors provide a great foundation for any project. Whether you’re coloring, drawing, or calligraphy, these markers will help you achieve your vision.
4. 100 Colors Dual Tip Art Markers Set
Looking for a high-quality art marker set that has a wide variety of colors? Look no further than the MH-100W! With 100 different colors to choose from, you’ll be able to find the perfect shade for any project.
The dual tip markers are great for both kids and adults, and they’re perfect for painting, sketching, coloring books, drawing, illustration, and more.
5. Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer 160309 Watercolour Marker
Faber-Castell’s Albrecht Durer 160309 Watercolour Marker with Double Tip is the perfect tool for flat and precise color application.
The pack of 5 natural markers features a fine tip for detailed work and a brush tip for broad strokes, making it ideal for a variety of applications.
The water-based ink is highly pigmented and permanent, ensuring your colors are vibrant and long-lasting.
6. Shuttle Art 51 Colors Dual Tip Alcohol Based Art Markers
These markers are the perfect tool for artists of all levels. The 51 colors provide a wide range of options for mixing and matching, and the blender marker is perfect for creating seamless color gradients.
The dual tip design allows for both fine details and broader strokes, making them ideal for illustration, adult coloring, sketching, and card making.
The markers are made with alcohol-based ink that is permanent and non-toxic, making them safe to use for all projects.
7. Prismacolor 3622 Premier Double-Ended Art Markers
Looking to add some versatility to your art supplies? Check out Prismacolor 3622 Premier Double-Ended Art Markers.
These markers come with both a fine and chisel tip, so you can create both thin, precise lines and thick, bold strokes.
They’re perfect for adding shading and dimension to any drawing or sketch. And with 12 cool grey markers in each set, you’ll have plenty of color options to choose from.
8. Ohuhu Alcohol Markers
The Ohuhu Alcohol Markers are the perfect way to get creative! With 40 unique colors and a blender, you can create any number of masterpieces.
The alcohol-based ink is also non-toxic and safe for both kids and adults. Plus, the marker case ensures that your markers will always be organized and within reach.
9. GC 72 Colors Dual Tip Brush Pens Highlighter
This 72-color dual tip brush pen set is perfect for artists and coloring book enthusiasts of all ages. The 0.4mm fine liners are great for detailed work, while the brush tips allow for broad strokes and easy blending.
The water-based ink is perfect for creating beautiful calligraphy and hand lettering. This set also comes with a handy carrying case, making it perfect for on-the-go use.
10. Tombow 56149 Dual Brush Pen Art Markers
The Tombow 56149 Dual Brush Pen Art Markers are a must-have for any artist or crafter. With 96 colors to choose from, you can create any masterpiece you can imagine.
The markers have both a brush tip and a fine tip, so you can easily switch between the two depending on your needs.
Plus, the markers are blendable, so you can create unique colors that are perfect for your project.
11. Castle Art Supplies Watercolor Brush Pens Set
If you’re looking for a watercolor brush pen set that has both vibrant and subtle shades, then Castle Art Supplies has the ideal set for you.
This set of 24 pens comes with flexible nylon tips that are perfect for both adult coloring book enthusiasts and beginner painters.
Plus, the included travel case ensures that your new pens won’t get lost in your luggage when you’re on the go.
12. Prismacolor 3620 Premier Double-Ended Art Markers
Prismacolor 3620 Premier Double-Ended Art Markers Fine and Chisel Tip are the perfect way to add a little creativity to your work.
With fine and chisel tips, you can create thick or thin lines for adding detail and dimension to your drawings.
The markers are also double-ended, so you can easily switch between colors without having to stop and sharpen your pencils.
13. Posca Full Set of 29 Acrylic Paint Pens
Posca paint pens are the perfect way to add a splash of color to any project! With a full set of 29 pens, you’ll have everything you need to get started.
The reversible medium point pen tips give you ultimate control over your projects. Posca paint markers are also great for fabric, glass, metal, and graffiti.
14. AITUSHA Coloring Markers Set for Adults
AITUSHA Coloring Markers Set is the perfect set for any adult who loves to color. With 120 colors to choose from, you can find the perfect shade for any project.
The dual tip markers are great for detailed work, and the standing base keeps your markers organized and ready to use. The travel case is perfect for taking your markers on the go.
15. Arteza Real Brush Pens, 48 Colors
Arteza Real Brush Pens are the perfect tool for creating beautiful illustrations, calligraphy, and watercolor effects.
The 48 colors provide a wide range of options for your creativity, while the flexible nylon brush tips allow you to achieve precision and accuracy in your work.
The 0.5-mm line size is perfect for detailed work, and the pens are easy to use, making them a great choice for both beginners and experienced artists alike.
16. Caliart 81 Colors Alcohol Based Markers
Do you love to color? With Caliart 81 Colors Alcohol-Based Markers, you’ll have a blast! These markers are perfect for adult coloring books, illustration, painting, and card making.
They’re also great for kids! The dual tip permanent artist art markers have a fine tip for detailed work and a thick tip for broad strokes.
Plus, they come with a bonus colorless alcohol marker blender. With so many colors to choose from, your creativity will be endless!
17. Bianyo 72 Primary Color Alcohol Marker Set
This 72-piece Bianyo Primary Color Alcohol Marker Set is just what any artist or designer needs.
The alcohol-based ink is perfect for any project, and the dual-tip bullet and chisel art marker set is great for any occasion. The blue bag is a great way to keep all of your markers organized and together.
18. 80 Color Alcohol Permanent Markers
Looking for a set of markers that will allow you to add some serious color to your art projects? Check out these 80 Color Alcohol Permanent Markers.
These dual-tip markers are perfect for both beginners and experienced artists. The alcohol-based ink is quick drying and the fine liners are great for adding detail to your work.
The set comes with a case so you can keep all your markers organized and ready to go.
19. Cloudriver Alcohol Markers Brush Tip
Whether you’re a professional artist or just starting out, these Cloudriver Alcohol Markers are perfect for you! With 60 colors to choose from, you can find the perfect shade for any project.
The dual tip design allows for both fine details and broad strokes, making them versatile for any style. And the best part? They’re non-toxic and safe for kids to use!
Frequently Asked Questions
What markers does artist use?
- There is a wide variety of markers that artists can use, depending on the effect they are trying to achieve. Some common types of markers are felt-tip markers, highlighters, and brush markers. Felt-tip markers are often used for detailed work, while highlighters are good for creating bold, striking images. Brush markers offer a more natural look and feel, making them ideal for painting and drawing.
What is the best marker for artists?
- There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best marker for artists will vary depending on the individual artist’s needs and preferences. However, some factors to consider when choosing a marker include the type of paper you’ll be using, the level of detail you want to achieve, and the overall look you’re going for. Ultimately, it’s important to experiment with different markers until you find the perfect fit for your artistic style.
What are the 3 types of markers?
- There are two types of markers: water-based and alcohol-based. Water-based markers are the most popular type of marker. They are easy to use and clean up, and they don’t have a strong odor. Alcohol-based markers are the most permanent type of marker, but they can be difficult to control.
Which is better alcohol or water-based markers?
- There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on personal preferences and what you will be using the markers for. Some people prefer alcohol-based markers because they are less likely to bleed through paper and they have a more intense color. However, water-based markers are easier to blend and can be used on a wider range of surfaces. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide which type of marker works best for them.
Final Thoughts on Artists Markers
After using some of the artists markers brands for some time, I have come to form some final thoughts on them. Overall, I think they are a great addition to any artist’s arsenal, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a versatile and easy-to-use tool.
One thing I really like about artists markers is that they can be used for a variety of purposes.